Neuroconnectivity Core provides NRI investigators and trainees access to the technology and reagents required to perform neurotropic viral expression, optogenetic manipulation, and in vivo electrophysiological stimulation/recordings in mammalian nervous tissue. Understanding fundamental properties of synaptic function and neural circuit connectivity remain significant challenges to basic, behavioral, and clinical neuroscience and above-mentioned manipulations offer the ability to investigate brain ‘wiring’ and ‘processing’ with remarkable precision.
Neuroconnectivity Core offers following services and reagents:
- Viral vector design (custom or pre-designed)
- Viral particle packaging/production (custom or pre-designed)
- Stereotaxic CNS injection
- Optical fiber preparation/implantation
For technical, scheduling or pricing information, please contact the Co-Director or the Director.
Benjamin Arenkiel, Ph.D.
Jennifer Selever, Ph.D. (Co-Director)
- Viral vectors - Dr. Jennifer Selever, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- General queries - Dr. Benjamin Arenkiel, email@example.com
- Phone: 832-‐824-‐8778
Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute
1250 Moursund, N1150
Houston, TX 77030