The main objective of the Neuropathology Core is to provide Duncan NRI investigators with facilities and expertise to perform histological and immunohistochemical analyses to identify pathognomonic lesions in human and animal tissues.
The Core provides following services:
- Histochemical staining
- Interpretation and analyses of anatomical and histopathological findings
For technical, scheduling or pricing information, please contact the Core Director (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Transmission Electron Microscopy
- The TEM Core is open to all researchers in the Texas Medical Center and has JEOL 1400 Plus electron microscope with an AMT XR-16 mid-mount 16-megapixel digital camera. Our services include consultation, tissue processing, thick and thin sectioning, staining, TEM analysis, and image collection.
- We offer tissue processing on the Ted Pella Bio-Wave vacuum processor, and nanometer sectioning on the Leica UC 7 ultramicrotome along with lead citrate and UA staining. We offer processing training to complement any subsequent experiments needed for continuing studies. Appointments are pre-scheduled to ensure staff, supplies, and reagents are available. At this time sectioning and imaging are restricted to staff.
- For further details or your specific needs, please schedule a consultation with Lita Duraine (call 832-824-8704 or email email@example.com).
Roy Sillitoe, Ph.D.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 832-824-8913
The Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute
1250 Moursund Street, Suite N.1305.15
Houston, Texas 77030