Optogenetics and Viral Vectors Core
Neuroconnectivity Core provides NRI investigators and trainees access to the technology and reagents required to perform neurotropic viral expression, optogenetic manipulation, and in vivo electrophysiological stimulation/recordings in mammalian nervous tissue. Understanding fundamental properties of synaptic function and neural circuit connectivity remain significant challenges to basic, behavioral, and clinical neuroscience and above-mentioned manipulations offer the ability to investigate brain ‘wiring’ and ‘processing’ with remarkable precision.
Neuroconnectivity Core offers following services and reagents:
- Viral vector design (custom or pre-designed)
- Viral particle packaging/production (custom or pre-designed)
- Stereotaxic CNS injection
- Optical fiber preparation/implantation
For technical, scheduling or pricing information, please contact the Co-Director or the Director.
Jennifer Selever, Ph.D. (Co-Director)
- Viral vectors - Dr. Jennifer Selever, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- General queries - Dr. Benjamin Arenkiel, email@example.com
- Phone: 832-‐824-‐8778
Jan and Dan Duncan Neurological Research Institute
1250 Moursund, N1150
Houston, TX 77030