Dr. Yamamoto among the twelve Baylor alumni recognized for stellar achievements
Baylor College of Medicine has announced 12 honorees to be recognized at the 2023 Alumni Awards ceremony, Thursday, Oct.12, at the Westin Houston Medical Center – Museum District.
Presented annually to Baylor alumni and faculty for their career accomplishments in the areas of innovative research, outstanding patient care and excellence in teaching, the awards also include a lifetime achievement category. This year’s recipient is Stephen Greenberg, M.D., Fel. ’74, MACP.
“The Alumni Association’s Lifetime Achievement Award is an unexpected honor that I accept with humility and great appreciation,” Greenberg said. “I know that I owe this award to the colleagues who shared my passion for patient care, clinical research and medical education. I was privileged to have the opportunity to help train the next several generations of health care professionals. Baylor College of Medicine has been my home for the last 50 years, and I look forward to its very exciting future with great anticipation.”
2023 Alumni Award Winners:
- Stephen B. Greenberg, M.D., Fel. ’74, MACP – Lifetime Achievement Award
- Marc L. Boom, M.D. ’92, MBA, FACP, FACHE – Distinguished Alumnus Award, School of Medicine
- Elissa L. Love, M.S., PA-C ’96 – Distinguished Alumnus Award, School of Health Professions
- Lawrence T. Reiter, Ph.D. ’97 – Distinguished Alumnus Award, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
- Daniel C. Chelius, M.D. ’05, Int. ’06, Res. ’10, FAAP, FACS – Young Alumnus Award, School of Medicine
- Prathit A. Kulkarni, M.D. ’09, Res. ’14, Fel. ’18, FACP – Young Alumnus Award, School of Medicine
- Rachel W. Davis, M.D. ’14, Res. ’21 – Young Alumnus Award, School of Health Professions
- Shinya Yamamoto, D.V.M., Ph.D. ’12 – Young Alumnus Award, Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences
- George J. Hutton, M.D., Int. ’97, Res. ’00, Fel. ’01 – Distinguished Faculty Award
- Ida Orengo, M.D. ’87, Res. ’91 – Distinguished Service Award
- Jenny Brockington, D.O., Res.’14 – Humanitarian Award
- Rachel W. Davis, M.D. ’14, Res. ’21 – Humanitarian Award
Visit the 2023 Alumni Awards page to learn more.